Die Antwoord’s Child, Net Worth & What To Know About Them.
Die Antwoord is a South African rap-rave group that comprises of South African musicians who started in Cape Town back in 2008 and they have been gaining popularity since then as they continue to perform in the world stage. The group has been of great influence to majority others out there as their fans always discover a whole new meaning of fun and great music in their performance. The group continues to perform excellently and as a defining rap troupe in South Africa. They have done great and marvellous performances. There are some exclusive information about this group that many people do not know about and we take this opportunity to highlight and inform fans across the globe about them. The following is a list of top fifteen things you did not know about Die Antwoord.
The Die Antwood Group Formation & Members
1. The group comprises of rappers Yo-Land Vii$$er, Ninja and backed up by producer God (formerly known as DJ Hi-Tek). Their lyrics are in Afrikaans, Xhosa, and English.
2. Born 26 September 1974, Ninja’s real name is Watkin Tudor Jones while Yolandi Visser’s real name is Anri du Toit. Visser was born on March 3, 1984, in Port Alfred, South Africa, and raised by her adopted parents, a priest and his wife. She struggled to fit into the society while growing up. Visser and Ninja (who has been in the South African hip-hop scene for many years) met outside a Cape Town club around 2003 and thereafter began working on projects together and in 2007 the idea of the group Die Antwoord (meaning “The Answer” in Afrikaans) was born.
Who Is Their Daughter?
3. Ninja and Visser have a daughter named Sixteen Jones who is a result of the duo’s brief romantic relationship in 2006. Though many assume they’re an item, they have never been married despite sharing a child. Both Visser and Ninja show great love and affection towards their daughter and have stressed several times that they do not have a romantic relationship. Instead, they describe themselves as people bound by life and music and their ‘unique companionship’ as one of ultimate best-friends-forever. Teenage Sixteen Jones is currently in a band called The Boy With the Rainbow Face. Visser is also a parent to Tokkie, a street kid from a rough neighbourhood in Jo’burg whom she adopted at the age of nine. After discovering his indigent family background, Visser graciously offered to take care of him at weekends, and then full-time.
4. Both Ninja and Visser have their net worths each pegged at $10 million while the band’s net worth is estimated at $3.5 million.
Showcasing the Counterculture Movement
5. The troupe has been trying to come up with the best possible ways of showcasing a counterculture movement that is famously known as ‘Zef’. They have since been successful in preaching more about their image through the creative photography and skills of photographer Roger Ballen.
A Group of Funny, Hilarious and Comic Artists
6. Many people have the perception that all rap groups are full of serious showbiz people. This is not the case with the Die Antwoord group which comprises of funny individuals. They are entertaining on stage and perfect comedians in their lives away from the stage. Ninja is a creative comedian and Visser complements him in a great twist of jokes and comedy that many love.
Die Antwoord Free Debut Album
7. Before 2008, Die Antwoord were still looking for prominence and developing themselves to hit a world stage. It took them more than generosity and lack of the need to make quick money because they produced and released their debut album $O$ (2009) and distributed it free online. This was a perfect way of selling their name to a wider world audience. It soon attracted international attention as their “Enter the Ninja” music video hit the music industry with a storm.
Once Signed with Interscope Records
8. Recording companies or studios are always important in a musician’s career and therefore the Die Antwoord group understood the need for this notion after they briefly ditched Interscope Records to form their very own Zef Records in 2011. The studio soon did wonders in their music career helping them to produce their second and third studio albums, that is, the famous Ten$Ion (2012) and the greater Donker Mag produced in 2014.
Source of Inspiration in the World Stage
9. Many music fans always want to know what really inspires their favourite musicians to do exceedingly well in the world market. The Die Antwoord has been known to draw their inspiration from other well-established musicians and coming up with their own creativity to emulate and develop unique but quality works in the entertainment industry.
The Crazy Video that never was
10. The group came up with a teaser video during the launch of the Tension album. The video included the showcasing of a character that resembled Jane Alexander’s the Butcher Boys. After a lot of controversies, the video was removed because of copyright issues.
11. Many people who attend the shows produced by this group for the first time always find it somehow challenging to make the greater moves. The troupe has proper, vigorous and energetic dance styles.
Perception of their Violent Nature
12. Majority of shows organized by the group has a lot of drama unfolding, all at unexpected times. There are crazy fans who will do anything to ensure that they enjoy this great moment while others are violent, others fight, daggers are removed and this has been witnessed in some of the shows.
Is Rap Culture Dirty with Vulgar Language?
13. Die Antwoord shows are full of crazy things and their culture makes them produce some of the rated dirty music full of censored terms, but that is the real nature of rap culture and their way of life. The shows are generally censored and fit for only a certain age and not a general show where children can enjoy the music.
Creativity and Ingenuity
14. This is a group with a high-level of creativity and top of the class inventions that continue to define the African rap culture, the group’s Zef culture has been instrumental in influencing other musicians across the world.
Did Die Antwoord Breakup?
15. Reports emerged in 2017 of the group’s split after an interview where Ninja had hinted of their disbandment. But Visser promptly dismissed the rumours in an Instagram post and accused the reporter of twisting their words completely out of context. Nonetheless, the enigmatic bandmates carry on with their unique style and magnetism.